TY students will be studying ‘Media and Communications’ throughout the course of a ten week module. The aims of this module are;
- To encourage a personal engagement with a variety of media and multimodal texts
- To develop planning and creative skills in building media and multimodal texts
- To enhance self-confidence while participating in and contributing to group activities
- To encourage original and creative thinking and writing
- To create resources for the production of the school yearbook and local media outlets
Throughout the module, TY students will be regularly updating the school website and app on school- based activities. Their first task was to interview Woodbrook Colleges new Principal, Mr. Henry Hurley. This interview article was considered for publication in Shankill’s local newspaper, SCAN. Have a read below for Mr. Hurley’s big interview!