What is Leaving Cert Applied?
Leaving Certificate Applied (LCA) is a different approach to learning that places an emphasis on practical achievements and students are assessed in a different way. Students engage in one day a week work experience and in the other four days at school complete classes in topics like the following:
|Hotel Catering & Tourism|
|Craft & Design|
|Vocational Prep & Guidance|
|English & Communication|
|Leisure & Recreation|
|Introduction to ICT|
* Please note that these are subject to change
The Leaving Certificate Applied Programme is suited to those students who do not wish to complete a traditional Leaving Certificate.
- The main difference is that there is ongoing assessment during the two-year programme. Students are gathering Credits over the two years.
- Students complete smaller Key Assignments in class.
- Over the two years they also complete 7 major tasks that they are interviewed in.
- They also have final exams in June of their second year in some subjects.
- Students who complete LCA can still attend third level education but may need to supplement their learning with other courses before meeting criteria for admittance.
- If you have any further queries about the programme please feel free to get in touch with Suzanne.firstname.lastname@example.org LCA Coordinator.
Places strictly limited to 15.
90% Attendance is mandatory for all LCA students.
Further information on the LCA is available on the website below.